Monday, August 26, 2019

Good Old Joe

Sometimes, politicians say stupid things.  It's inevitable.  If you talk for hours and days on end, there will be time when you get tongue-tied or speak before you think.  Of course, these verbal blunders can haunt politicians.
 
"I'm not a crook" President Richard Nixon
 
"I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky" President Bill Clinton
 
"I'm not a witch" Christine O'Donnell, Republican Tea Party Candidate for Senate in 2010
 
"I want to be clear, I'm not going nuts."  Former VP Joe Biden, Presidential Candidate
 
That one is going to show up in a campaign ad before too long.  Joe may not be going nuts but senile is another matter.  Joe once explained how FDR got on TV in the wake of the 1929 stock market crash.  Then there is his recent proclamation that he chooses "Truth over facts."  Though he has been in the lead since he announced, I suspect Joe isn't going to make it far in the primaries.

No comments: